1. She uses the personification and metaphors to describe Mr. macteer’s appearance. She says “His eyes become a cliff of snow threatening to avalanche; his eyebrows bend like black limbs of leafless trees. ”
2. The group of boys harass pecola by calling her a “black e mo” and saying “Yadaddsleepnekked” (your dad sleeps naked). She becomes very vulnerable and crys because she is deffensive over both topics.
3.Maureen peel is a very pretty girl with long brown hair, green eyes, and she was rich. She was very nice to Pecola at first, when she was being bullied by the boys, but I think it was partly over curiousity because later on she tries to find out if pecola actually did see her father naked and starts to harass her in her own way.
4. They find themselves to be ugly compared to Maureen which is why they tried to find faults in her to comfort themselves.
5.They were shocked to see them with Mr. Henry, especially what he was doing with them, but mostly their reactions were based on what their mother had told them about those women. They were frighthened and curious. They are very easily influenced by their mothers words.
6. Geraldine is a respectable, emotionally detached woman who looks down on her race if they are “low class and dirty”. I think her significance in the story lies with her meeting with Pecola. Pecola was framed by Geraldine’s son and Geraldine believes him even though she knows how naughty her child is. She immediately does not like Pecola because of her appearance which is very important because Pecola is very self conscious, and then she insults her and treats her like crap because she thought Pecola killed her precious cat.
7. Geraldine and Junior have a love hate relationship mostly because like I said before she is emotionally detached. Junior is jealous because his mother shows more love to the cat than to Junior and so he spends a lot of his time torturing the cat. However she does love him even though he may not know it, and I think that was the most important part of their relationship because he blamed Pecola for killing the cat when he did it and she still believed him despite the fact taht she knows he has tried to kill the cat and torture many times.
8.Junior treats Pecola friendly at first because he wants to “play”. however when they are inside his house he is very cruel, seeking to torture her. Geraldine treats pecola like crap basically because of her family history and her appearance which hits Pecola very hard because she is self conscious about those very things.